Product Checklists for Excavation and Steel Road Plates
View our checklists and click on the link to download a pdf version.
- Is the type of earthmoving plant selected suitable for the work that needs to be performed? Consider WLL and machine weight.
- Has a competent person conducted a documented inspection of the excavation site prior to starting work?
- Has relevant information, training, and instructions been provided to workers who are required to install or work with the shoring system?
- Has a Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) been prepared?
- If required, has an underground asset management plan been obtained? This information can be obtained from Before You Dig, which is a free enquiry service information on underground assets.
WHAT TO DO NEXT? If you are in need of any equipment for your excavation such as; shoring, edge protection, fall arrest systems, and more please contact 1300 SHORE HIRE. If you answered ‘no’ to any of the items during the assessment, further action should be taken.
Steel Road Plate Checklist
- Have the proper dimensions (length, width, thickness) for the road plate been chosen?
- Is the plate being installed onto solid ground? If not, some form of packing or asphalt may be required.
- Will all edges of the road plate be fully secured via deck pin anchors and/or asphalt?
- Have the trench and roadway conditions been evaluated before using a road plate to ensure suitable conditions for use and installation?
- Is the appropriate machine on-site to manoeuvre the plates? Consider the Working Load Limit (WLL) and machine weight.
WHAT TO DO NEXT? If you are in need of any equipment for your traffic management needs, such as temporary fencing, Concrete T-Lok, Triton, or Water-Filled Barriers, temporary bridges, and more, please contact 1300 SHORE HIRE. If you answered ‘no’ to any of the items during the assessment, further action should be taken.